Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trastevere

One of the new travelers that came in last night is pretty awesome, her Name is Kristina and she is from Bulgaria but, lives in London. She's only here for 3 days on business and then headed back to London. We hit it off and talked for hours and decided to go out and do something today,  so we decided on an area that I haven't been too yet, Trastevere and we were going to find the S. Maria in Travestere. 
So we take the Metro to the Termini Station to catch a bus..... oi oy!! 
We finally get to the area and there are 2 stops forTrastevere, I was thinking first one , Kristina said 2nd one lol
So, we get of the bus at the 2nd one and walked 2 blocks and the rest of the day is history....



Blocks and blocks upon blocks of Marcet!! New, used and antiques. 

For the dragon lover in me!! If I could have gotten this to the USA safely... he would be in my bag right now!! Incense holder LOVE! 
Love
Love

Kristine bargains well! I think shes done this before lol

So we decided to try and find some place for lunch. 

Toasted Salami and mozzarella cheese.

We closed down the market @ 3pm LOL and then we were on our way.... 
Too where? We had no idea! Getting lost is the best in a foreign country, to find the secret and hidden gems

Tiber River

Love the clay pots
Awesome looking trees
All gas stations in Rome are Roadside gas stations. 


So we walked and walked to the closest metro and then we went to termini station, we split there for now, she went on to Vatican City and I came back to the hostel. We made dinner plans together for authentic Italian pasta! Mama Mia!

While I waited for her, After Dark, I went to see The coliseum lit up, (which is really close to my hostel.)


My hubby looked online for a place for authentic Italian food....
He did a great job ;)
My lovely friend Kristina 








No comments:

Post a Comment