Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Trip over




First flight out of Nashville canceled, got earlier flight, still got to Chicago late, and was over an hour late to deice the plane, a huge plane,although I was in the back, it was very empty , I got to sleep across three seats with pillow and blanket. Dinner and breakfast were provided. 

Once I got to London, I took the fast train to Paddington and then a taxi right to the hostel, where I was greeted by Candy.

The tube service is on strike so, it makes for transportation to be more difficult, and a lot of extra traffic and long lines for taxis and buses. The taxis are old timey and I love it! we took a taxi to Tower Bridge area and walked about 6 miles! I got to see big Ben, Tower Bridge, a Castle, the London eye, got some fish n chips in a little crowded pub. People were waiting for the traffic to clear out some, we met a nice couple who shared our table. We went to West minister Abbey, beautiful! I was just in awe! The beauty in architecture! Old buildings, Castles, It is amazing!! Our pictures don't do it justice at all. We had just a little bit of daylight left And my phone finally died. 


I got to walk across that bridge amazing!! 
Thames river

Each bridge is designed totally different so beautiful and each bridge turns alternating colors. And there are a lot of bridges. 

The hostel room is something quite different ! We have to be really quiet with everybody sleeping and with me being short it's okay but, everything is short including the doors and low beems going across the ceiling to the floor , I think were are in the attic! I had to laugh at candy, she has to duck everywhere we go in the hostel room and she said this is a dwarf hostel LOL good thing I'm short! It is clean and very friendly.

Good night ! 

Day two
Today is my first full day here. I am sitting outside having coffee at 7am watching the sunrise from a pink sky to a purple sky to a blue sky. Candy is getting her flight to Marrakech, Morocco today, I will see her again on Saturday. 

One of the Day rooms.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you ladies are having such a good time! I love the pictures, and can't wait to hear all about Marrakech!!! Stay safe and have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, nice pictures...I know that it is difficult to find wifi spots overthere. Lucky you that you had an empty plane, just came back from a trip overseas and the planes were packed. Will be following you!! Have a great adventure...

    ReplyDelete