Translate

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Off the beaten path

So today, I decided not to wear my jacket or take the umbrella as I've just been carrying them for no reason. ( you will see why I started with this in minute!)

I headed out about  9 am and it was a lil cool and overcast, but it was ok. I went to the Borghese area of Rome.
So tranquil and serene, perfect for me and my thoughts..... I spent hours in Borghese. 


Beheaded?
Thought about one of these then decided 'no I will do much better off the beaten path' and I did... Inner peace
Even the smallest corners have something amazingly beautiful.


I felt at peace within myself , I was emotional 
Birds singing, fountains flowing, no vendors, no tourists, no city traffic or anyone .. It was a very lovely time alone. 

I was protected 
People started coming in from chariots
To bikes to walkers and runners
I sat on a bench and just took on the moment
Until a down pour came and my only shelter was this tree lol so much for no jacket or umbrella today! I had nowhere to run without getting drenched ! Thank you for the protection Mr tree! 
 For Five minutes I wished I had my jacket and my umbrella!! 
I watched as the train on wheels went by me 
Amazingly 5 minutes later, the sky cleared and out came Mr sun!!! 

I found a zoo 
Love Mr pink bunny! 
Herby got a lil jealous of my new friend and wouldn't come out of my purse.
I had a bite to eat at a cafe near the zoo. 


I feel wonderful

Not sure what to make of this one
I stumbled upon a magnificent view of Rome 





These are everywhere in Rome

I walked down the hill and went to Piazza Del Popolo 
Found a free art gallery. 


And of course a coffee stop

I didn't realize I had been gone 8 hours. I would love to go back to spend more tranquil time in Borghese before I leave Rome on Tuesday. 
I knew I would discover ME on this trip.

Ps I'm glad I didn't take my jacket or umbrella after all LOL

1 comment:

  1. This about made me cry! I'm so happy that you experienced finding....YOU!

    travel is about so much more than checking the sites off a list.....

    ReplyDelete