Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Last day in London,England

It's 5am in the morning and whilst everyone is asleep, I am having some quiet time with my thoughts and free coffee. Just thinking about what I have actually experienced since my arrival to the UK and decided to share my thoughts. 

First, I still feel like I am dreaming so, if I am do not wake me up! It's so surreal! 
Second, I am going to find out alot about myself on this 31 day trip that I didn't know or realize. No guts, no glory! 

It's weird to think that I am the foreigner. When I am asked where I'm from, I blurt out Tennessee, then I stop and think, they may not know where Tennessee is! So, I rebuttle quickly with America! 

There are a lot of runners and bikers here ESP down on the south side, and walkers are very prominent.  Even tho it's a big, big city with 4 airports there seems to be no huge rush in their daily lives compared to what I know back home. Everyone has been really nice or at least respectful !

This the London stone. 
Its origin and purpose are unknown but in 1188 there was a reference to Henry, son of Eylwin de Lundenstane, subsequently Lord Mayor of London.( Ill read more on this later. So interesting and ancient! )

 The architecture of some buildings and bridges that's on this side of the world are indescribable and the thought that some are older than America itself is absolutely astounding! 

The history side of all this is astronomical! Think about it, Our forefathers came from this side of the world on a ship called the Mayflower. 

 The diversity of cultures just in this hostel here in London alone is at the top. I have met Maria from Argentina, Tracy from Russia, Cynthia from Italy, Jim and Shanlia from Guatemala. Not just states or countries! Different Continents ! 

And to think I have only been here 2 days :))) 29 to go. 

I want to thank you all for being here and sharing in my first trans Atlantic experiences. This is My first blog experience as well so if your still here , I must be doing something right.  ;) well I'll get my day on a roll and see what I can get into today. 

Ps. I thought I wouldn't have anything to blog about! Ha! So Ill just blog when the desire hits me lol forget the every other day thing I said. As long as Wi-Fi is available ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment