Translate

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Sunrise at Angkor Wat

Alarm goes off at 3:50 am ..... are you freaking kidding me?!?!? What were we thinking?!?!

Its 4:30 am, Breakfast boxes to go, provided free by our hotel. Our Personal Tuk Tuk driver for the day has arrived, it’s time to go. 

Getting Angkor Wat tickets. 

Angkor Wat (Khmer: អង្គរវត្ត or "Capital Temple") is a temple complex in Cambodia and the largest religious monument in the world, on a site measuring 402 acres. It was originally constructed as a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu for the Khmer Empire, gradually transforming into a Buddhist temple towards the end of the 12th century. It was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century in Yaśodharapura (Khmer: យសោធរបុរៈ, present-day Angkor), the capital of the Khmer Empire, as his state temple and eventual mausoleum. (Thanks Wikipedia.)

People

receiving good luck bracelet 

and getting blessed by a monk

getting ready for Cambodia New Year! We left Angkor Wat and headed to more temples in same complex on our "short tour".

We visited like 6 or 7 more Temples. These are my favorite pics. 

Monkey?!?! I don’t see any monkeys.....

There the big boy is! My first Asian monkey 

I think this one was hungover. 

I opted out of those stairs, my knees wouldn’t handle them. Davina said " good choice". While waiting,I went and got my Cambodian Geocache. I was just standing there waiting for Davina and I was attacked by fire ants?!! Ouch!! Off comes my backpack and shoulder cover and Im dancing around... doing the fire any dance, shaking it out. It must have been quite a sight to see haha!! 

Nope not for me. 

with only 3.5 hours sleep, we are 5 hours In and I was draining fast. I was trying very hard to not be cranky, my feet hurt!! Wrong choice of shoes.....

must have some coffee. Roadside vendor, It will do. 

Expresso..... it work for a short time lol.

My phone was going to die, I quit taking photos of the last 3 temples, last stop of the day. 

Siem Reap is much calmer than Phnom Penh, cleaner and smells a bit better too. Not as sketchy. We headed back to our hotel as it was shower and nap time.

Our hotel: upon arrival after our tour we were greeted with a cold cloth soaked in lemongrass water. So refreshing. 

My happy place on the balcony. 

Shower and Nap time!! Set my alarm for 2 hours so that, I didn’t sleep too long, still over slept it by an hour, I was exhausted. Packed our bags again, and went to dinner. Relaxing on the balcony enjoying some peace and quiet waiting for Tim to awaken. Early flight in Am, headed toThailand. Phuket Island one night then of to Krabi. Free Tuk Tuk to airport. Ya I can handle that. 

I think the 6 week adventure mode is turned off and the  the 2 week (ish) vacation mode is now being turned on. I don’t know how travelers do it for 6 months-1 year.. it’s tiring.....

1 comment:

  1. The water lilly shows I was there in spirit, thanks for that!
    This place is very impressive my fav were the hungover monkey and the tree with the amazing root system.

    ReplyDelete