Translate

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Notta

I did nothing today. Lol I took a vacation day. Video chatted with Tim and Gizmo. But keep reading lol 

I cooked us breakfast bacon and scrambled eggs. Davina fried some bread for toast. RV living skills has come in handy. 1 pot and 1 frying pan. They are doing construction in the building on our floor and it was loud. Davina and I could barely talk to each other 15 feet away.... So we left the apartment and spent a few hours at the pool. It felt so good to just relax and work on my Asia tan.

I headed up before Davina and got some lunch of champions....ramen noodles and cheese n crackers. Something told me to do a load of laundry, so both of us weren’t struggling to get it done tomorrow as we have to pack again. When I went to add soap to the washer, I realized the soap from the load we did the day we got here was still in there! Apparently all we did was spin dry for 30 minutes. So all of my clothes are now washing as I’m keeping an close eye on it. 

Expert from Davina:

"So, Cheryl had left me at the pool so I could relax and enjoy my music while she went up to do laundry. Bad,bad move. We have to have a key card to get into the elevator and get up to our floor. Well, it’s about an hour later and my white Irish skin is baking in the sun so,I decide to come upstairs. I’m on the 7th floor, apartment is on the 19. I hop in the elevator in my swimsuit nonetheless and try to get someone to help me get to the 19th floor. No one spoke English and just looked at me like a confused American when I asked. One guy tried but didn’t work. When I reached the 17th floor someone got in and before I could get a word out he scanned his card and hit 1...NOoOO. I was not waking up 19 flights of stairs so, when the door oepend on floor 9, I jumped out. I huffed and pufffed my way all the way to the 19th floor, my calves and quads burning just as much as my pale white skin and I turn the door knob. NOTHING!! Doors are locked. I started to freak out and banged on the door for a little but, no one came. Desperately, I grab for the pocket Wi-Fi that was basically dead in my backpack. I turned it on and send an SOS through Facebook messenger. Cheryl I am locked in the stairwell please come help me. Thank god she answered, I thought I was going to be stuck there forever. Or have to walk all the way down from the 19th floor and I’m not really sure which would’ve been a worse fate. I was so distressed, I didn’t even think to take a selfie of me stuck in the stairwell. After about five minutes of waiting And freaking out she came to my rescue. I was released from my prison. Cheryl saved the day!!!! "

Asia don’t have dryers so it’s a good thing we did laundry a day early so, they can dry wherever they can!! 

We made dinner! 

Even on the days that we don’t venture out or go far. It is still an adventure in South East Asia!

 

Edit

No comments:

Post a Comment