Translate

Monday, April 9, 2018

Karon beach 

We had a slow morning, had to pack up to change rooms since,we decided to stay an extra day here, due to no ferry today for where we wanted to go. 

We rented scooters and braved the wild to Karon Beach. Beautiful beach day! 

I took this photo so, I could find my bike when we returned to them.shared appetizer for lunch half naked.. literally waiting for sunset as this beach is suppose to have amazing sunsets. 

I thought I was smart so, I just put my T-shirt on and then secretly took off my bathing suit top right on the beach, no bra, (who would see or care right??) so, I’d be at least a little dry for the dark cool scooter ride home..... 

So, it was getting dark and we left the beach, found our scooters and headed thru some big winding hills that I went pretty slow thru. A lot of vehicles. We arrived back in Patong without incident. Then hell breaks loose! I passed the road I needed to make a right on... (De ja vu... quit laughing Trinity and Luann!! ) but, it was blocked off anyway!!! I lost Davina somewhere. So, I texted her and told her to be safe and to go ahead to the hotel , I’ll be there in a minute.... I figured I’d go up to the next block and go around. Wrong!! It started raining....all dead ends..... About 15 blocks down I made a right.. I was getting yelled at , it was a one way... all roads are one way!!!... I said I was only going one way.... ugh ... I kept going, gps told me too haha!! All of a sudden a torrential rain came down in sheets! I stopped. parked the bike and went into a store doorway. I was worried about davina. Thank god we both got SIM cards this time around! So here I am lost, burnt, braless and completely soaked everywhere.... so the rain calmed down and I went all the way around and passed it again!!! By a block, it was a one way street. A local told me to drive on sidewalk on beachside but, if I got caught it would be a 2000 baht fine by police. So I asked what if I just went against traffic the 50 meters to my street? He said 2000 Baht fine. So, at this point....screw it... I went against traffic again to hit the street I needed...so all is good right?? I’m 60 seconds from the hotel and I’m in the clear. Wrong!!!  I couldn’t get thru!!  As there are poles keeping any vehicles from going thru ... so, I turned around and there was a security guard and I’m asking him what to do. I explained what happen and he tried explaining to me where to make the turns... it made no sense to me. I was honestly about to cry. It must’ve been my facial expression... So, he left to get a key and he said " just for you" and he opened the side gate and helped me get my bike through. I was saved... I’m cold, wet but safe and back at the hotel. Davina had gotten there a bit before me with her own story and also soaking wet!!!

Still smiling .. I’m in Thailand.It had stopped raining at this point, I got back took a hot shower , And I have very minimal clean or dry clothes left so, I threw on what I could . We were starving at this point so, Davina and I WALKED to the closest and easiest place...  we were walking to dinner and I seen the security guard that saved my life and opened the gate. I thanked him again two or three more times. I told him I was going to make him Facebook famous! So, our room looks like laundry day. Wet stuff everywhere. Clothes, swimsuits, towels, tent shoes, socks, backpacks and everything inside!!!.... praying it all dries before we have to leave for the ferry at 6:45 am!! 

The Adventure continues!! 

1 comment: