Translate

Saturday, March 31, 2018

No shit happens

It’s April 1st, Easter, April Fools Day and Tim and I’s 9th wedding Anniversary. Rough day emotionally with my thoughts. Tough when they don’t celebrate Easter. 

Happy Easter USA!

So, yesterday we tried finding out about getting some laundry done, need 24 hours to dry. Anyway couldn’t get them done so, When in Asia, do what the Asians do.... Hand wash and hang on the balcony. So, then we went and laid on the free beach chairs in the shade for awhile just relaxing and enjoying the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. A Vietnamese girl named Bea, came up to us and started chatting and her English was pretty good. Telling us about her family and the coast/Typhoon etc. Most vendors are quite pushy, she was not. I think she really enjoyed talking to us as much as we did her.  Her "dream" is to work in a resort. She is persueing that dream. She Made a couple sales from us. I bought a black bracelet made of fishing line from her dads profession as fisherman. The 2 small beads are from Mango trees, the bigger green bead means "no shit happens"  and for luck. I prolly paid way too much for it but, 7$ to her is a lot! And I like it. My few bracelets I have silk, mango and rice :) pretty much sums up Vietnam :)So, here we are in bathing suits on the beach in 85 degrees and she’s all dressed for winter. Davina and I were getting knocked around by the waves.Had pizza for dinner and enough left for snack later. 

It is time to say "see you again soon" to Luann. She has a long 3 day journey to get back to the US. I’m gonna Miss her.

This is Thi (T) owner of our Homestay saying Bye to Luann. Now, I have to repack my backpack as Davina and I will continue on to Ho Chi Min (Saigon) very early tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment