Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Just relax in Hoi An

First full day in Hoi An and we all are exhausted and worn out so, we are taking a day to relax and just get pampered. Slept in and almost missed a free breakfast. Banana pancakes with a Chocolate dip. Yummy! Fresh fruit, banana juice and coffee. (watered down of course with lots of milk haha! Since, I think Vietnamese coffee is really strong.) It is pleasantly a bit cooler here than Thailand and a gentle breeze blowing. I meandered across the street to the beach and spent a bit of time there and just chilling in the sun, listening to my downloaded country music on my phone and to the sounds of the South China sea. I’m sexy and I know it! Haha! Not. Spyro played in the sand and wanted to go For a little dip also but, he’s not quite ready for salty water.  I’m making friends with a fellow grandma. He is number 5 for her. 6.5 months old (I forget his name) but I didn’t make him cry!! I had a nice hot shower after the beach and before my massage.Spent ONLY 4 hours at the spa, 1 hour full body oil massage, Mani with gel and a needed Pedi. Two girls were working on me at the same time. Luann got her face threadedand Davina got her brows done. I got my legs cold waxed with honey, hot wax that really was a hot mess, tweezed and threaded. Not quite sure that they knew what they were doing haha! But the job got done. 

I was in some pretty awkward positions to say the least! But my total price was only $37 for 1 hour massage, mani with gel, pedi and leg waxing/threading I had dinner with the girls at our homestay. My sandwich looks like a vagina haha! But it was delicious. So, I’m sitting on the balcony writing this and 3 or 4 random cows just crossed the street and are wandering around. The owner of the homestay is out with a bug zapper making sure bugs stay away from guests that are eating at their establishment. (A nice touch) The Vietnamese work really hard for a little pay. But their resources are pretty cheap as well.

Coffeetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment