Translate

Friday, March 30, 2018

Lantern Festival

We ate breakfast and by lunchtime, we headed out for our day. We grabbed a taxi to Hoi An Ancient town. 

Hard at work! It costed 120 dong to enter ancient town.Locals getting ready for tonight’s events so pretty herelanterns everywhereWe had a great lunch, chicken wings and roasted veggies and I had coffee A Bride and Groom posing for their photographer.Husband Daycare! And seen a boat parade look out Pai Thailand !! You have a run for your money! 

Full moon Lantern festival My lantern Davina and I took a 20 minute boat ride on the river and lanterns in a Sampan boat for 2$. It was amazing !! pictures don’t do it justice (I did go pro most of the ride;) We each put a lantern in the water and made a wish or dedicated it to someone. Mine was to Ken-who told me about his adventures in Asia and peaked my interest 12 years ago. It was a  beautiful night with a soft beeze. Music and chatter in the background.

Street food for dinner.Making my personalized Vietnamese street art.Live Love Travel :) Lanterns, I am bringing 2 small (foldable to squeeze on backpack) lanterns home to hang on my RV awning. $7 each. There goes my budget again ! Haha

Did a little too much shopping today! But, I couldn’t pass up this bracelet with 1 tiny peice of rice, where I had them write Gypsy on it. 30 dong= $1.30 USD 

Several hours went by so fast. We ended our evening grabbed a Uber and headed back to our homestay and they were also in celebration of the full moon.Hoi An, Vietnam has definitely changed my perspective of Vietnam quite a bit. Giving my favorite place so far, Pai Thailand a run for its money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment