Translate

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ancient Greece

So it's a yucky Rainy day in Athens. One of my roomies Nina left today, it's not easy connecting with people then leaving or them leaving.
 I Woke up not feeling the greatest, I didn't want to waste a whole day, so I grabbed my umbrella and took the metro to the Greece National Archeological Museum and just meandered around. I spent a few hours here. I won't bore you with everything I seen but just a few of 'interest'articles. 

Now I know where all the heads are from the statues I've seen with no heads !! 




Frying pan

Gold 





More heads :)

Amazing sculptures 
Story was: The beast man was making sexual advances toward the goddess and the lil winged man helped her.

Full military uniform -BC 

Just me
Amazing 

Awesome skeleton !! 

Jewelry hasn't changed much- 200 b.c
Rings 200 b.c.
As I head to the Egyptian era ...my interest peaked up! 


Mummy's :) 




Found a cafe for lunch ~area unknown lol 

Got a little lost, had to stop for directions at the Hilton ;) 


Walked thru the lil shops of the Plaka area and headed to the hostel for rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment